Saturday, October 10, 2009

Introduction

         Adam and Ouida Siulinski
My name is Craig Adam Siulinski. I am named after my paternal grandfather whose parents emigrated from Poland around 1900. I have a lot of work to do in order to locate the Polish town where Adam’s parents (Albert and Bessie) came from. It will most likely require a visit to upstate New York to search the repositories in the area of Schenectady which is the town where my grandfather grew up. Adam moved to Portland, Maine in the late 20’s and met the woman to be his wife named Ouida Dykeman recently transplanted from New Brunswick, Canada. It was here they raised their family and this is the area I am from. My birthplace was Westbrook, Maine located ten miles from Portland.

Today I live in Oakland, California – a much diversified suburban area of San Francisco. I am lucky enough to live down the street from a great resource for genealogy, the California Genealogical Society. Besides research and education, this organization is invaluable for the networking that occurs with other members. My genealogical research began in 2007 when I attended a monthly genealogy meeting in the complex where my brother lives in Brevard, North Carolina. Thanks to Carl, Ann, Ken and Richard for sparking my initial excitement in genealogy!

2 comments:

Kathryn Doyle said...

Craig,
Congratulations on the start of August Legacy and welcome to the wonderful world of genealogy blogging. Thanks for volunteering to be Thomas' "guinea pig" in the audience. It looks like you are already a pro.

Unknown said...

Hi Craig,

You are such a great writer I was sad to see only 4 posts. I then realized you just got started - keep up the posting. I loved your post about Grandfathers.

Because you have such valuable information for other genealogists on your blog, I would like to personally invite you to put links to OneGreatFamily.com on your blog and earn money for referring customers to our site. You can find more information about our Affiliate program at: www.onegreatfamily.com/affiliate.aspx. If you have any questions you can contact me - heather.matthews@onegreatfamily.com